Psychotherapy, Group Therapy and Executive Coaching in Cambridge and Angel Islington, London.
Psychotherapeutic work is relational, it requires a genuine personal engagement. The challenge is having conversations that break us out of ourselves, our stresses, our stories, dramas and fear.
Psychotherapy and counselling are involved with seeing a new way of relating to ourselves and others, to life and to the world.
What we all have in common is the concern about how our life is going, how we are, how we’re doing and perhaps how we appear to others. We get so wrapped up in ourselves that life can be like the children’s book “Where’s Wally?” In every picture we immediately look for ourselves and so place ourselves front and centre; we create the world in our own image and then wonder why we feel something lacking. We're unable to shake off the niggling thought that somehow we are the architects of our unhappiness; we can’t, as it were, get free of ourselves even though every part of us is longing to. It is only then that we realise there can be no peace until we do.
If I were to identify a specialism it is in helping people become who they are, and then helping them overcome or let go of who they are.
I’ve been a psychotherapist for over twenty years, mostly in private practice. I offer couple counselling, supervision, training, group therapy, executive and leadership coaching, and organisational development consultancy. My professional experience includes:
- Lead Tutor (since 2011) for the Diploma in Integrative Supervision of Individuals and Groups at The Grove Practice, London
- Tutor for four years on the Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling at the University of Cambridge
- Psychotherapist in the NHS for four years
- Trauma counsellor at Transport for London
- Principle Tutor and founding member of the first Gestalt and Integrative Psychotherapy training in Budapest
- Summer school teacher and counsellor in Crimea
- Set up and led a Couples Therapy course in Cambridge
- Providing executive coaching to leaders in business, science and tech, government, religious organisations, academia and the arts
I'm an accredited psychotherapist with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. My practice as a clinical supervisor, couple counsellor, group therapist, trainer and executive coach accord with UKCP's Code of Ethics.