Psychotherapy, Couple Counselling, Supervision and Executive Coaching in Cambridge and Angel Islington, London.
Psychotherapeutic work is relational, it requires genuine personal engagement. Whether I'm working with you as part of a couple for couple counselling, coaching you to become a better leader, or working with you as your psychotherapist, the challenge is always about having new conversations that break us out of ourselves, our stresses, tired and familiar narratives, heightened emotionality, personal drama and fear.
Psychotherapy and counselling provide a new way of seeing how to relate to ourselves and others, to life and to the world. How we see things often blinds us from seeing anything else.
As a psychotherapist I see myself as a bridge; I help people come to terms with where they are (and where they're not), and if they wish I help them navigate what may well be, or at least seem to be, a chasm between where they are and where they want to be.
A bridge (and psychotherapy) is a means and a crossing, it does not need to travel or arrive anywhere; it is not an end in itself.
I’ve been a psychotherapist for over twenty years, mostly in private practice. I offer couple counselling, supervision, training, group therapy, executive and leadership coaching, and organisational development consultancy. My professional experience includes:
- Lead Tutor (since 2011) for the Diploma in Integrative Supervision of Individuals and Groups at The Grove Practice, London
- Tutor for four years on the Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling at the University of Cambridge
- Psychotherapist in the NHS for four years
- Trauma counsellor at Transport for London
- Principle Tutor and founding member of the first Gestalt and Integrative Psychotherapy training in Budapest
- Summer school teacher and counsellor in Crimea
- Set up and led a Couples Therapy course in Cambridge
- Providing executive coaching to leaders in business, science and tech, government, religious organisations, academia and the arts
I'm an accredited psychotherapist with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. My practice as a clinical supervisor, couple counsellor, group therapist, trainer and executive coach accord with UKCP's Code of Ethics.